"I feel like Azula was so afraid that she won’t have people in her life, that she just has to conquer everybody. She’s like, “I will threaten them into being my friends, they’re not going to be my friends because they want to, I have to intimidate them into it. ” And I just think it’s so sad she has to do that, which, in turn makes everybody hate her more." - Grey DeLisle
Another GIF from the Korra season 3 finale.
More beautiful animation- I love how she twists as she takes off that rock pillars’ top.
There were some
insaneawesome shots in both episodes and great choreography for the action sequences.
This whole exterior action sequence between Korra and Zaheer is co-executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos’ storyboarding/fight choreography masterpiece, especially the 20-plus-second continuous flying shot. It was a herculean undertaking, and he had some help cleaning up a few of the scenes by Owen Sullivan (on this one) and Shaun O’Neil. If you didn’t already know it, Joaquim is a force of nature when it comes to action animation!
The Legend of Korra Book 4 Facts and Rumor Roundup
The Final Season
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 4:
- Book 4 will be 13 episodes long.
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 4.
- Book 4 will constitute the end of The Legend of Korra.
- Jason Isaacs (Zhao, Book 4 likely a new character), Jason Marsden (Aye-Aye, Huan), and Anne Heche (Suyin Beifong) recorded at least one scene with Kiernan Shipka (Jinora). source
- Korra will still have fight scenes. sources 1 & 2
- Korra and Katara have a scene together. source
Book 4 production progress:
- The animatic stage of production is complete. source
- The design/color stage of production is “in the home stretch.” source
- Voice recording is likely complete based on the fact that it has been ongoing since at the latest September of last year.
Unclear information / rumors:
- Book 4 is rumored to be titled Balance. This is claim is completely unfounded but possible.
- Given that Book 1 focused on Korra learning Airbending, Book 2 on the Water Tribes conflict, and Book 3 on the Earth Kindgom, it is likely Book 4 brings us to the Fire Nation and current Fire Lord, Zuko’s daughter.
- Kuvira (voiced by Zelda Williams) was name-dropped several times in the finale seemingly without purpose, as well as having a sinister musical theme play when introducing herself. For these reasons it is likely she is being set up for a bigger role in Book 4, possibly as a villain.
- Book 4 is rumored to have a January 2015 release based on the fact that this is when the Book 3 Artbook comes out, and the previous Artbooks have had releases timed approximately with the next season. Beyond this grasping-at-straws connection, January seems like a reasonable release time considering how far along production is and the fact that online distribution eliminates Nick’s scheduling issues.
- Bryke have stated that 2014 was Korra’s last big SDCC panel, meaning that Book 4 will be released before summer of next year. This further supports the Q1 2015 rumor, as well as the likelihood of us getting our first look at Book 4 at NYCC this year, October 9th-12th.
More and more Book 4 information should be coming out soon, and this post will be kept up-to-date as it happens!
Fuck I’m walking downtown and I pass a group of guys staring at me and I think “great catcall time” but then one guy goes “you look like you could kill a man a million different ways with just your bare hands”. This. This is an acceptable comment to give a girl on the street.